Updated: Apr 18, 2022
Within this document ‘Wildfires’ Paul to Timothy discipleship program is laid out… this is meant merely as a guide or framework for our leaders to follow, there is a freedom given to leaders to operate in their own wisdom and discernment.
Equip our leaders with a resource that can help them intentionally and radically disciple their mentee in a new way.
Enable our disciples to: Recognise-Equip-Go-Grow-Glorify
1. RECOGNISE: Within this area there will be a focus of recognising every facet of the gospel message, as laid out in our Gospel video on youtube. Our leaders will ensure our mentee’s are reflecting continuously and repeatedly themselves on the gospel; whilst ensuring that they too are reflecting at the beginning, end and throughout the day.
2. EQUIP: Within this area there will be focus on building upon the ‘recognised’ stage, here we will equip our mentee’s with all the promises of God as it relates to 2 Peter 1:3.
3. Go: Within this area there will be a focus on commissioning our mentee’s into their daily context and environment.
4. Grow: Within this area there will be a focus of identifying from God’s word how you can grow in your relationship with God, but more so how you can sustain such growth, instead of your relational growth with God being ascribed the title seasonal adralinine , whereby it comes and goes when you need a high.
5. Glorify: Within this area there will be a focus of exemplifying Matthew 5, “Let your light shine before men so that they may see your good works and glorify your father in heaven.” Matthew 5:16. We want to instill within our mentees an evagelistic all out kingdom mindset when it comes to our relationships, both with sinners and christians.
We desire to implement within our mentee’s a practical framework in which they can achieve the above, thus, allowing them to establish a discipline that they can champion and later add, amend or remove as they see fit. How you walk with your mentee is subjective, social media, coffee dates, sport, trips, church, house meetups- anything!
Meet up with your mentee through whatever means decided, take them through this for however long it takes, so that they become a paul and that they can take what once was a Timothy and make them a paul! Our aspiration is that this type of discipleship will spread like a Wildfire.
*By the end of it, help your mentee find someone that they too can mentor!*
For example: One breakdown for ‘Recognise-Equip-Go-Grow-Glorify’...
Wake up: Immediately pray, could be while showering, putting on make-up, getting dressed, shaving, or simply pulling aside and focusing on stillness. Within this prayer do the following…
Recognise that you are a sinner, begin with this position of humility, gratitude and praise! Recognise the good news of the gospel that freed us from the bondage of sin: Romans 8:29, “We are being conformed into the image of God.” Although we are secured in our salvation we still sin and fall, as there is the world, the flesh and devil, thus, everyday we must confess, as everyday we fall, but everyday we are made more in the likeness of God. (Hebrews 10:14).
1 John 1:9, “If we confess our sins he (God) is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins.” Confess, don’t diminish, omit nor justify your sin, be transparent with a God who already sees through you.
Why can we be assured of such a liberating promise that God will forgive us, Lamentations 3:22, “His mercies never come to an end. His mercies are renewed every morning.” This is because God is love- 1 John 4- not that he is simply a God of love- God’s nature is love.
Forget your sin as God forgets it! The only time you should look back at the sin in your life is to take something practically that serves some utility for the future, or to acknowledge the immense grace of God that saturates every fibre of our life. Hebrews 8:12, “For I will forgive their wickedness and remember their sins no more,” if the God of the universe forgets your sin! Why do you have the audacity to allow it to become a stronghold within your life; it is this thinking that diminishes the sufficiency, power and preciousness of the blood of Jesus and puts us at risk of Hebrews 10: 26-29.
Exercise what Paul did, Philippians 3:13, “Brothers, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth to those things which are before.” May the conscious decision to forget your sin, solely because of Jesus, but true repentance is marked by a directional change- ‘repentance without change is like a gun without bullets.’
Now that you have recognised, equip yourself with all the precious promises of God (2 Peter 1:4: Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires) these are the things that we can ask of God in faith with the guarantee that God will give them; Mark 11:23, “Whoever says and does not doubt will have whatever he says”- not a car but that which is actually promised by God, for example...
Put on the full armour of God, Ephesians 6:11, speak this over yourself:
1) The helmet of salvation, God’s grace, how anything Good you do today is because of him and originates from a place of grace.
2) Breastplate of righteousness, you are being made holy and pure today with every act and word.
3) Belt of truth, speak the truth all day every day, no matter how difficult, even if it makes you look bad, the truth shall set you free, it will liberate you. (John 832)
4) Shield of faith, have faith in the God you serve, that he fights for you, if our God is for us, who can be against us! (Romans 8:31)
5) The sword, “Indeed, the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two edged sword, piercing until it divides soul from spirit, joints from marrow; it is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” Draw upon what you have been meditating to resist the tactics of the devil, but remember, the ability to learn is a gift, we all don't have knowledge of everything, but be assured that the holy spirit will teach you at that time what you should say (John 14:26).
6) Shoes of peace, “That the peace of God which passes all understanding will guard your hearts, souls and mind.” Philippians 4:6.
Put on the fruits of the spirit,
LOVE JOY PEACE KINDNESS GOODNESS FAITHFULNESS GENTLENESS SELF-CONTROL.
Meditate on these, let them dictate how you live in a day.
Go and serve God! Live this awesome life God has with you and have Joy.
Remember we are all united with one purpose, Matthew 28, to know God and make him known, don’t mistake vocation as the purpose, rather these are the platforms, vessels or means by which we fulfill God’s will.
By reading God’s word, “if you want to be more like Jesus then you have got to read the book that is all about him” - John Macarthur Psalm 119, Hebrews 4, 2 Timothy 3 for more.
By praying, Philippians 4:6, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
There are only two types of people in this world, sinners and true followers of Jesus, this live like this is true!
Preach the good news of the gospel wherever you go!!!!
Edify, encourage and lift up as Ephesians 4 call us to do, Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Let our words have substance, that is there is eternal value with every thought, word, action, remembering that Jesus teaches in Matthew 12:36, that you will be held accountable for every word.
Summarising the above^
1.Paul and Timothy discipleship program:
Here we want to establish deep and meaningful discipleship programs that will allow us to go deeper and breakthrough a superficial gospel and commission.
Recognise-Equip-Go-Grow-Glorify method! As outlined already, create something practical that your mentee’s can take and establish a discipline, one of which has been provided in the above. Use these amazing scriptures given to help your mentee truly understand sin, salvation and sanctification and what it is like to be all out for God every second, of every minute, of every hour, of every day, of every year for the rest of our lives!
*Then help facilitate your mentee with a disciple for themselves*